Freedom (When It Speaks!)
freedom doesnt come in black or white,
doesnt always speak English,
doesnt like being lied to,
used, or bartered with....
is not a commodity on the highest shelf,
out of the reach of most....
is not concerned with owning,
and will not be owned....
freedom doesnt have any one religion,
is not capitalist, or communist!
freedom is often quiet, but when it speaks,
the whole world has to listen!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom (When It Speaks!) by Eric Cockrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Honour-killing Is A Sin/ Just For Family.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love story, gajanan mishra
- My Prabhu! .....(Inspiration from KEE Th.., Geetha Jayakumar
- Arguendo, Michael Mullings
- Poem: Spiritual Upgrade, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- I Believe, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Peace - a means, gajanan mishra
- GOD'S LOVE, Tom Zart
- I am a woman, Komal Kapoor
- God! - th@ wE n0t, sEaN nOrTh