Art thou abroad on this stormy night
on thy journey of love, my friend?
The sky groans like one in despair.
I have no sleep tonight.
Ever and again I open my door and look out on
the darkness, my friend!
I can see nothing before me.
I wonder where lies thy path!
By what dim shore of the ink-black river,
by what far edge of the frowning forest,
through what mazy depth of gloom art thou threading
thy course to come to me, my friend?
Rabindranath Tagore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friend by Rabindranath Tagore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Californian, Brian Teare
- Creation Of Inner Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Death (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Voyage of the Wedding-Guest, Victor Cruickshank
- Irrevocable Friend, nikka mee farillon
- Silent Awakening, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Still Read..... For Sandra Feldman, Michael McParland
- The Great Waters, Victor Cruickshank
- Continually Entering The Present, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- তুমি থাকলে পাশে, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan