Dr. Yogesh Sharma
Friendship With Pakistan
Our true friendship isn't what we observe with our talks,
It is smacked within our heart.
But trust, understanding, loyalty, and sharing are lost.
It is vital that our true friendship is a unique phenomenon,
Which can never happen, as it sans well-being, strength, and quality.
Friendship does not need tokens of gifts,
Or fabulous dramas, and talks to be valuable or valued,
For long lasting worth and fulfillment,
True friendship needs un-exhausting trustworthiness;
Understanding, unrivaled trust and eternal sharing.
Deep distrust, hearts drown in hate;
Mixed with Jihad madness,
Kills the sense of friendship before lifetime!
All the dullness and sound of gunfire,
Brought to heart and mind; You are a rouge friend.
You were a mask of friendship,
To hide the dirt and shade hate, -
This debt we pay to our innocent guiles;
With torn and bleeding heart we smile,
We move In the shadow of graves.
Dr. Yogesh Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship With Pakistan by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
- Alone Together, Amber Carr
- টিপ্পনী, Pijush Biswas
- You Put The 'Fan' In Fantastic, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Heartache, Liendang Hmar
- Paper Wing, Liendang Hmar
- Like a Candle In The Wind, Liendang Hmar
- Story Line, A.R Evangelista
- Make a living but fail not to live, Bashyam Narayanan
- The Price I Pay, James George
- Not alone, Cheryl .J Barclay
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- First Inspiration, Jose Rizal
- TAGALOG ELEGY: Sining sa Halip na Dasal, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Lydia Howard Huntley Sigourney
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1644 - 1694)