Kavya S Babu
From the bud........
I looked through the petal side
Saw a stream of bright light
Lashes of my eye blinked with delight
A splash of smile, my lips went wide
Yeah! I will get up tomorrow....
Dreams of my few day life
Filled me with great pleasure
But reminded me of the short time
How can I find joy per gesture?
Anyway! I will get up tomorrow
The sleepless night I had to bear
Bound with hope and haunt with fear
It ne'er want the fate of a burning candle
Grace of a dew under dawn, it love to handle
Hurrah! Its time to get up!
Petals beside lean behind
So slow, I opened my eyes
Straight to me, lie the pond
Side to me, flowers of ages
Looked, smiled and greeted me.
Dawn and dusk passed by
Beauty of nature, I relished with
Came to me, the purple butterfly
I longed to have a chat with
The haughty friend, it never minded!
A boy longed to pluck me once
Hearing my yell, it stopped thence
Dismayed, he then went away.
Petals beside, shaking were they
My time is up, I realized then!
My beats lowered, my eyes filled
I never want to die petal by petal
It seems rather more painful
Let someone pluck me, I wished
The old and weak, who needs?
The setting sun looked with pity
Came the boy and looked at me
Hearing my cry, pluck out me
The momentary pain, so hard to bear
Though it was so, I felt glad.
The boy went to his dear friend
gave me to her, she then smiled
My life is shining, end was it though
It's graced, being conveyor of love
But I wonder? , why it chose this old unfair?
Kavya S Babu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From the bud........ by Kavya S Babu )
- From Fear to Greed..., Mr. Nobody
- Abandonment's Pain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lingerings, Stephen Warren Williams
- Love is Heaven's Bliss, Aftab Alam
- Nobody F-in' Loves Me! : D, Mr. Nobody
- Waiting Solo, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When My Death Comes, Shalom Freedman
- Interior Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Set a date, hasmukh amathalal
- Mandela, Gary Corseri
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 October 1942 -)