Kavya S Babu
From the bud........
I looked through the petal side
Saw a stream of bright light
Lashes of my eye blinked with delight
A splash of smile, my lips went wide
Yeah! I will get up tomorrow....
Dreams of my few day life
Filled me with great pleasure
But reminded me of the short time
How can I find joy per gesture?
Anyway! I will get up tomorrow
The sleepless night I had to bear
Bound with hope and haunt with fear
It ne'er want the fate of a burning candle
Grace of a dew under dawn, it love to handle
Hurrah! Its time to get up!
Petals beside lean behind
So slow, I opened my eyes
Straight to me, lie the pond
Side to me, flowers of ages
Looked, smiled and greeted me.
Dawn and dusk passed by
Beauty of nature, I relished with
Came to me, the purple butterfly
I longed to have a chat with
The haughty friend, it never minded!
A boy longed to pluck me once
Hearing my yell, it stopped thence
Dismayed, he then went away.
Petals beside, shaking were they
My time is up, I realized then!
My beats lowered, my eyes filled
I never want to die petal by petal
It seems rather more painful
Let someone pluck me, I wished
The old and weak, who needs?
The setting sun looked with pity
Came the boy and looked at me
Hearing my cry, pluck out me
The momentary pain, so hard to bear
Though it was so, I felt glad.
The boy went to his dear friend
gave me to her, she then smiled
My life is shining, end was it though
It's graced, being conveyor of love
But I wonder? , why it chose this old unfair?
Kavya S Babu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From the bud........ by Kavya S Babu )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(8 October 1838 – 1 July 1905)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- unaware of angels, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher
- You Are Like The Moon, Kyle Schlicher