From The Roots of a Brahman (Siddhartha)
Rose a brave tall man
The ever daring Siddhartha
Under the shade of a tree did he, with Govinda converse
Forever reading and memorizing the wise words of the Brahman.
There too, to meditate they did rehearse.
Atman the ultimate soul quest,
did his heart always thirst
The master of all transitions,
at the river bank brave Siddhartha did realize his supremacy
Good and bad all things he loved.
From learning the art of love, to generosity, to gambling, to success and to failure
From which teaching well did he not drink?
Yet atman was no where to be found.
In his own heart did he hear a sound;
The Buddha was calling
The enemy to finding the atman was falling
The heart was beating
One with wisdom so overflowing to his fingers and garments had come
Master taught all people but Siddhartha's heart did he move not.
A man so searching that the bald one could only separate a finder from a searcher (Govinda)
So did his lessons from the flowing river learn.
Man must live his life and not search for something out.
Within, atman existed and around in the universe it reflected.
Oneness of all that is living for all that exist does live and is alive.
Thus delighted with his own time as a human Siddhartha departed
Yet to live again in the living universe.
Dash Black's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From The Roots of a Brahman (Siddhartha) by Dash Black )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(03 April 1964)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(18 November 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Happy Birthday stranger, ice johnson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
Poem of the Day
- Petits morceaux, Lubinda Lubinda
- For Edgar Allan Poe With All Gratitude..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It Takes Tears to..., Rodney R. Cooper
- It Takes Tears, Rodney R. Cooper
- My life, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Don't leave me cozied-up homely, Mark Heathcote
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- Uncle Trevor's Solution, rohan bendre
- Trapped Inside, Pamela Carroll
- Two Green Points: Art Print by Wassily K.., Frank Avon