From The Start
How undeniable your luster,
You are a gemstone, exquisite, rare,
Daring me to come and muster
All the might that one can spare.
It seems by luck or happenstance
I found you in the shifting winds-
How fair your skin, how sweet your glance,
Like morning dew our love begins.
And during night, the fire burning,
Surrounded by a blinking glow,
I pause my thoughts, and slowly turning,
Meet your lips and melt the snow.
How many ways can I express
The happiness that fills my heart-
There's one more thing I must confess,
I've loved you from the very start.
Joshua Dinkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From The Start by Joshua Dinkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- He is a Soldier, yashassvi periwal
- Our Awesome God, Dr John Celes
- Sonnet: Trust in God, Dr John Celes
- Cabaret Dancer, Bijay Kant Dubey
- You Made That Child, Ronell Warren Alman
- I'd rather be, Monica Lanier
- An Art By Heart, Rasel Khan
- Fighting on..., David Lessard
- Simile, Monica Lanier
- Mental Evasions, Monica Lanier