The sun rises with the early dawn
As G8 leaders breakfast in the morn
The world looks on with hopes and fears
As the hungry languish in their tears.
The world looks on with bated breath
As hundreds die in Syria a slow death.
With talks of arming the rebels beckons
As both sides kill with chemical weapons.
The only way to stop a war is talking
The refugees seen as dead men walking
Only when men get around the table
Can peace prevail and make Syria stable.
The world looks on and expects a great deal
From world leaders as they eat their meal
So put differences aside and do the right thing
And bring about change that people may sing.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (G8 by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Are You Pissed Yet, Francie Lynch
- Mirror (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- make mine extra crispy, Mandolyn ...
- ~Death Of My Creations~, Allan Gerard
- looking for the button that will make me.., Mandolyn ...
- Captivations of an Art Form, F. J. Thomas
- Me Without You Is Like, Lilly Emery
- Nature's Path, Joy Cordwell
- Choices, Danielle Dessels
- Never, Never, Never Give Up!, Denis Martindale