Game Shows And Dog Chews
Watching television together is what we would choose,
viewing game shows and tasting dog chews.
Grandpa and I were very close, though we never played together,
our time together was grandiose.
Things for him I always brang, such as a cold glass of water,
or Park, NOT Tang!
Yes, there were times when he was a grump, but to me,
he never acted a chump.
Off he would go in 'John's Cadillac', his electric cart,
to get a thing or two from the local mart.
Very excited I would be when going to visit grandma and he,
despite the fact of me getting things for him, oh, he kept me as busy as a bee!
When I heard news of his death, I took a relieved breath. Better off he is with the Lord,
than to suffer in great discord.
It is because of grandpa that I love game shows. Watching 'The Price is Right' causes memories
of him to overflow.
I will always smile when I think of the time we tasted my dog's treats, I can't wait 'til in the
great beyond we finally meet.
Greg Oosterhouse's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Game Shows And Dog Chews by Greg Oosterhouse )
- Friendship, Afshan Fatima
- Shaking Off The Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Golden Glow, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Prayer, Nicholas Breton
- Invective: The Hate Of Treason, Nicholas Breton
- Goodbye Elias, Tony Adah
- On The END, Akhil Zoomin
- from Tiburones, Morgan Michaels
- Man Created, Nathaniel Baxter
- I See Words, Naveed Akram
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)