never thought it could be this way
thought we could be more than friends
never believed in the hands of time
our separation lies
never believed my deception was from within
never believed in pretence feelings are given
thought we were real than shadows could tell
out of soft gaze cometh thee
that leads the heart to where it brokeness lie
in thy soft gaze i am enspelled
satto voce i whispered your name
what has time done unto me?
My desire has distance denied
if distance were not my foes
if time were not my hurdles
what fate would have known my name?
What song would you have sang with me?
Would you have taught me
the song which the sons of pleasures sing?
Would the sound of my name be heard from thy voice?
In seeking for love would you have ran to me? ? ?
micheal john's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gentle Hurt by micheal john )
- I sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku ' Dray ', miken newman
- I shall never be, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Beside you walks a woman, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- A name on the tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Standing In The Middle, Katherine Perry
- Non - Compliance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is homosexual an adultery?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Tiger, William Blake
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)