never thought it could be this way
thought we could be more than friends
never believed in the hands of time
our separation lies
never believed my deception was from within
never believed in pretence feelings are given
thought we were real than shadows could tell
out of soft gaze cometh thee
that leads the heart to where it brokeness lie
in thy soft gaze i am enspelled
satto voce i whispered your name
what has time done unto me?
My desire has distance denied
if distance were not my foes
if time were not my hurdles
what fate would have known my name?
What song would you have sang with me?
Would you have taught me
the song which the sons of pleasures sing?
Would the sound of my name be heard from thy voice?
In seeking for love would you have ran to me? ? ?
micheal john's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gentle Hurt by micheal john )
- I almost was left behind., Sonia Ode Lucci
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)