Gesar sings the song of his childhood:
Mother, I have never known the world to be impure,
So I have never had an enemy. Mother, because there has never been an enemy,
My view is unmistaken.
Mother, I have always cherished others' happiness before my own,
So I am the child of illusion.
Mother, since I am the king of an illusory realm,
I am not anxious to accomplish anything,
So I have neither hopes nor fears.
Mother, as you can see, I am at peace.
I am your doubtless child;
This family inheritance is yours as well.
Things that frighten other people,
And things that entice those concerned with their own survival,
Look very different to my eyes,
For I see this world as the reflection in a sword blade
Which sings a beautiful song when it cuts through the sky.
Mother, look at this sword, our family heirloom,
And you will see as I do.
Douglas Penick's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Gesar sings the song of his childhood: by Douglas Penick )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Am I Alone, Lore Me34
- "Twist these Big Tits Purple", Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -66, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stories Are Created, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- When Fresh Fish Fails, Richard Thripp
- center, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -65, Ronjoy Brahma
- Im sorry mom, claudia Fernandez
- Witless Innocence, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sitters And Their Dreams, Lawrence S. Pertillar