GET RID OF APPOINTED SENATE... MAR 11TH,2013
GET RID OF APPOINTED SENATE … MAR 11TH,2013
We have to get rid of our appointed Senate… but how?
They want us to shut up, say nothing, be polite and bow,
Binding referendums could do it but they are forbidden,
Any suggestion that we should have them will be overridden.
The Ottawa elite aristocrats want nothing to change,
That's why Trudeau's Charter of Rights was arranged,
It's like a little religion where you have to believe,
Where elite appointed senators would never deceive.
Why can't we elect senators during a general election?
Do they think we're too dumb to make the proper selection?
Who made these rules and why can't they be changed
And while we're at it; could death-with-dignity be arranged?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (GET RID OF APPOINTED SENATE... MAR 11TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- Quiet Dave, Adeosun Olamide
- We Are That, Tushar Ray
- Old-Fashioned Cosmology, douglas scotney
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
- Silver Spoons, Mikey Bachman
- Perjury against the Innocent Punished by.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Marital-Reciprocity, American-Style ......, Bri Edwards
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)