Get well soon
The Lord is with you,
He always abides with you,
All the way He leads and guides you,
With his heavenly manna feeding you.
Sooner than anticipated you'll wake up
and retain the life you almost gave up;
On that precious day
you'll see a lone ray
which bears a token of a brighter and healthier future -
A tommorrow characterised by vigor and virtue.
To your aid the Lord will always minister;
In deliverance from a critical condition - however sinister,
For every suffering is redemptive
And the Lord's remedies are forever effective.
Keep on praying,
'Lord, I'm merely weak,
Please do me a miracle this week -
That I may eventually stand and walk tall,
then hit the road to promulgate your grace to all...
Today, more than any other day; I believe
that my weary and laden soul You'll relieve.'
Get well soon.
Comfort Ndlovu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Get well soon by Comfort Ndlovu )
- Magnificent Darkness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Clock Is Ticking, Kyle Schlicher
- Mystery, Naveed Khalid
- Silently Tiptoeing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Man What Is He?, Joseph Skipsey
- Climbing Stairs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Today I Thought About You, Kyle Schlicher
- المسير الطويل, مالك حداد
- To Be Inside You, Kyle Schlicher
- You, Colin Ian Jeffery
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)