Kathleen J. Shields
It never ceases to amaze me how horrible people can be
That with very little effort they can hurt with such degree
It’s like they never even consider what their actions seem to do
And that in the end they just don’t give a care ‘bout who they screw!
They don’t care to pay their bills when you’ve done the job complete
And when you ask them now to pay you, they tell you “hit the street”
You do the work and deliver on a timely manner plus
You’ve done the job to the best you can all to terms that they discuss.
And then some people feign, they just get in your face and lie
And you really do believe them, at least you really try
You hold on to all hope that they’re telling you the truth
When in reality the story is they are simply too uncouth.
It’s like if they think that they can get away with robbing someone blind
They’ll do it for the sake of it, a kick in the behind
And then there’s all their stories, negative rumors and tall tales
There are actually people out there who make up their own details.
There are people who can clone your phone to run up your phone bill
There are those who clone your email address and spam with you with true skill
They don’t care that their actions can hurt you and do offend
It’s like emotional torture they just can’t comprehend
I wonder if they were hurt once, if this is why they are
If they feel that it is necessary to keep from getting scarred.
But then again they could realize what they’re doing really pains
But that would take a little use from their never-using brains.
Maybe I’m just angry, maybe I don’t care
And maybe it’s their actions that make me want to swear
I guess I can’t get over the horridness of them
So to all those evil people, may my words right now condemn!
** Please rate my poems - I'd love to hear your thoughts.**
Kathleen J. Shields's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Getting Screwed by Kathleen J. Shields )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Real hell, Amitie Abedi
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael P. McParland
- NeverEnding Story Tanka, Chenou Liu
- A stranger, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I'll Never, Michael P. McParland
- I'll Always Work Hard, Michael P. McParland
- To Mr. Blanchard, the Celebrated Aeronau.., Philip Freneau
- Sherman, Kim Barney
- If I Could, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Carol,, Luo Zhihai