i tried to speak but all i could do was only choke.
eyes wide open but no visibility, road covered with smoke.
the gentle breeze, moving leaves and chirping of bird.
whispers in my ears, but i couldn't understand even a word.
i shiver in fear, i may just face a ghost or a phantom.
someone may appear from graveyard with a lantern.
i did panic, with terror in my heart i reached the shore.
then what i saw was ghost of the mist standing before.
probably for a second or two my heart beat did stop.
i felt cold, but i wonder why it turned and started to walk.
what did it want to say? why did it left without causing any harm.
no physical damage done, but in my mind was running a storm.
it's been a secret coz i know no 1 will believe, it was hidden inside.
but every time i walk, i feel its walking with me by my side.
it must be living a life of hollow with it's heart having hole.
never causes any injury to me, must have been a pure soul
bikram baniya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ghost by bikram baniya )
- Mules, Saiom Shriver
- Abandoned Cocoon, Saiom Shriver
- I would cross, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Sometimes, Mark Webster
- Things of crumbs, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Lighthouse, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Manhattan Kindergarten, Saiom Shriver
- inks run out, lee fones
- Oh! Divinity, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Άνεμος, Angelos Ioannou
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns