i tried to speak but all i could do was only choke.
eyes wide open but no visibility, road covered with smoke.
the gentle breeze, moving leaves and chirping of bird.
whispers in my ears, but i couldn't understand even a word.
i shiver in fear, i may just face a ghost or a phantom.
someone may appear from graveyard with a lantern.
i did panic, with terror in my heart i reached the shore.
then what i saw was ghost of the mist standing before.
probably for a second or two my heart beat did stop.
i felt cold, but i wonder why it turned and started to walk.
what did it want to say? why did it left without causing any harm.
no physical damage done, but in my mind was running a storm.
it's been a secret coz i know no 1 will believe, it was hidden inside.
but every time i walk, i feel its walking with me by my side.
it must be living a life of hollow with it's heart having hole.
never causes any injury to me, must have been a pure soul
bikram baniya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ghost by bikram baniya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Mistletoe, Walter de la Mare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Not a Real Poem 2, Kim Barney
- A Christmas with Simplicity, Akhtar Jawad
- Mangos and Monkeys, Kim Barney
- Mack, Kim Barney
- Who Told You That?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Two Friends, Kim Barney
- Happy Birthday, Jesus!, Mitta Xinindlu
- Paint my Souls, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Logic in Rhyme 5, Kim Barney
- What about counry, hasmukh amathalal