Give Friendship a Little Time
Let’s have a seat and talk a while,
About the friendship that makes us smile
About yesteryears that came our way
That made us who we are today.
Let’s look back to the friends that we were once
As Classmates and lovers of a short-lived romance
The joys and pains of youth that we once had
Can we forget them just as that?
Let’s sit and talk a while,
Of the friendship that we now have;
Tamed and responsible as it should,
Like the matured people that we are now.
Isn’t it nice that we have each other now?
Not as classmate, nor lovers but best friends?
Isn’t it great that after all those long years of being apart
We managed to reconnect and make a new start?
So let’s sit and talk awhile
Talk about the beautiful friendship that we now have,
How this friendship brings out the best in me,
The way it brings out the best in you.
chinkyeyed lady's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Give Friendship a Little Time by chinkyeyed lady )
- If all know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
- Desirable Effects, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- V: Song: To Celia, Ben Jonson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns