Give It To The Lord & The Rest Is History
I wonder if my child will be home on time,
After cousin Shari-Danielle’s graduation party?
I want a thirty-speed Schwinn racer is that a crime?
My report card does say twenty-two times tardy.
Hey, made a fantastic new friend today,
This person really makes me feel great,
Am I getting my hopes built up right away?
Time to go to work, can’t afford to be late.
I just adore that stylish new Chrysler 300 Hemi,
Wow, I would absolutely love to own that house,
Will I ever be able to afford a nice one, there’s so many?
On only one income since I do not have a spouse?
Seems like our minds and innermost working thoughts,
Are always on what we could or should have bought,
What we prized then turned around and now it’s lost,
Unable to forget years later we are still paying the cost.
If one speaks or acts with a cruel mind,
Misery follows as the cart comes after the horse,
When doing the same with thoughts pure and kind;
Happiness comes like a shadow follows its source.
John 16: 24, “Ask anything in My Name”,
Jesus said, “And you shall receive”,
Luke 8: 50 states, “Do not be afraid any longer”,
Our Lord promises, “All you have to do is believe”
The bible is not a book filled with maybes,
However, it is if we do not play our part,
Who’s been aware of us before we were babies?
God already knows what desires fills the heart,
There’s a scripture of the word for every situation,
So why is it that we have so many reservations?
Quit trying to figure out if you should turn left or right,
Or, I’ll decide in the morning after sleeping on it tonight.
First Peter Chapter 5 verse 7 & Psalms Chapter 55 verse 22,
Cast the whole of your cares or the burdens away from you,
All of your anxieties, all your worries and all your concerns,
Trust God to handle them, why does this take so long to learn?
Daily we all go through life's ups and downs,
As though it’s the universe & one great big mystery,
Deacon Everette Lowe’s favorite saying comes around,
'Give It To The Lord & The Rest Is History'.
w/Jeff Ricky Cheeks
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Give It To The Lord & The Rest Is History by Luke Easter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(22 March 1941 -)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- i hide acorns, cristobal Benjumea
- do we go to toulouse or new york, cristobal Benjumea
- do we go to toloulouse or new york, cristobal Benjumea
- I see the ruins did love win or lose, cristobal Benjumea
- REAL HUMANITY, hasmukh amathalal
- Non Sequitur with Sirius, Paul Hartal
- Suiyang, My Hometown, Luo Zhihai
- Correction Room, Akhtar Jawad
- Use of victory, gajanan mishra
- Goodnight Darling One, Michael P. McParland