Dr. Debasish Mridha
Giving Without Expectation
Never give a gift with the expectation to get.
Never love someone while expecting to forget.
Like the sun, who gives warmth and light for you,
Never complain, no matter what you do.
The river gives you life and water, but never regret.
Why are we so little? Asking for returns without respect.
Whatever you give, in disguise it comes back to you.
If you hurt someone, someway you're hurting you.
Dr. Debasish Mridha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Giving Without Expectation by Dr. Debasish Mridha )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Our Precious Time, Jiya Jain
- An Epitaph on the Admirable Dramatic Poe.., John Milton
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Polished Nail, maria sudibyo
- Bromance In The Air, maria sudibyo
- Counting Days, maria sudibyo
- Rain in My Heart, maria sudibyo
- Atonement, maria sudibyo
- Paper Cut, maria sudibyo
- Unfinished Poem, maria sudibyo
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey