Dr. Debasish Mridha
Giving Without Expectation
Never give a gift with the expectation to get.
Never love someone while expecting to forget.
Like the sun, who gives warmth and light for you,
Never complain, no matter what you do.
The river gives you life and water, but never regret.
Why are we so little? Asking for returns without respect.
Whatever you give, in disguise it comes back to you.
If you hurt someone, someway you're hurting you.
Dr. Debasish Mridha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Giving Without Expectation by Dr. Debasish Mridha )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- unforgettable summer nights, Juwon Daniel
- Wake up! ! !, ramesh rai
- Cinquante, Marilyn Jean
- Tears Of The Moon, val legend
- Tempered, Debra Cranford
- He Was My Flesh, Naveed Akram
- I'll Always Love You, Michael P. McParland
- Wealth, Fame, Sex, Power & Llibido, Tom Zart
- God's Wisdom & Love, Tom Zart
- Zombie Prince, Beatrice Preti