The rise in the temperature of the earth is called Global Warming,
It is primarily caused by deforestation and fossil fuel burning.
Global Warming started after the Industrial Revolution,
And Its impact varies from region to region.
This rise in the global temperature,
Will adversely affect the world’s future.
The glaciers are melting,
And the sea level is rising.
There is a decrease in global evaporation and precipitation,
Which has severely affected agriculture and food production.
So come, let’s join hands and plant more trees,
And control the pollution spread by vehicles and industries.
We should use only renewable resources,
To save our world we must accept certain recourses.
For if the rate of global warming does not decline,
The seas of the world will cross their coastlines.
There will be death and destruction everywhere,
And all mortals will witness their worst nightmare.
Supriya Prathapan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Global Warming by Supriya Prathapan )
- A Visionary, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ezandleni zengelosi, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ungibonisile, senzokhaya umhayi
- I had a Dream..., Suzette Richards
- The new Don Quixotes in our time, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rainbow Looms, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ngiyindodana yakwa Zulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- Uyakhumbula, senzokhaya umhayi
- Wedwa, senzokhaya umhayi
- time or space?, ko the skipper