God gave me you
As I would remember the time
When I asked the Lord before we've met,
To give me someone that I could love with all my heart
And would love me in return,
Someone I can grow old with
To spend that rest of my imperfect life,
Someone who I can lean on,
Someone who will give me comfort,
And someone whom I can spend for the rest of my life
Through all ups and downs of my life,
God gave me you.
I thank Him that for all the millions of women here,
He leads you to me.
I promise that whatever struggles or trials
We have to endure in our relationship,
I would still hold on to our love
Because I believe that,
This is just the way of God
To teach us to be strong and faithful to each other.
Again and again, we will still be together
Start a new life to with a better future ahead of us.
I thank God for you and thank you for being you.
I love you now and I'm sure I'll love you even more tomorrow....
Rommel Filoteo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God gave me you by Rommel Filoteo )
- I am turning, Aftab Alam
- The Creator is beyond, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Warmth (In Your Arms), Michael McParland
- That Old Man, Ananta Madhavan
- Awake and awake, gajanan mishra
- True-untrue, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- You are see clearly, gajanan mishra
- a dramatic lover.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)