God Help The Children
I see them daily
in the newspapers
on the tv screen
in the streets
innocent faced and pure
stained by the sins of their elders.
This is not what life promised them.
Cover their faces
place their tiny bodies
in tiny coffins
bury them in tiny graves
while their mothers weep.
We should all be weeping
Do not blame only their abusers
the ones who beat them
Blame us all.
A country that cannot look after its children
has no right to call itself free.
God save the children-
God save us all.
Gillian Commerford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God Help The Children by Gillian Commerford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston