GOD LOVES PEOPLE IN LOVE & LITTLE BABIES
God must love people in love
Or He wouldn't have made so many.
Those who claim it's a mental disease
Have never been loved by any.
Love is stronger than life itself
And jealousy more cruel than the grave.
Men and women have loved one another
Since they spent their nights in a cave.
When the hands of love touch the strings of souls
There'll be babies on the way.
That's the basic rules of life
No matter what games we play.
Like the flowers in the fields we shed our shields
To be warmed by the sun.
We live our lives the best we can
Till death catches us on the run.
Little baby, I love you
For you are a part of me
Each and every inch you'll grow
I want to be there to see.
Someday you'll chase fireflies
Who ride the breath of the winds.
Someday you'll be all grown up
And out on the town with friends.
You have your daddy 's freckles
You've got your mommy's eyes.
I pray to God every day
You'll survive all of life's lies.
Little babies shoot up fast
As they need to stretch and grow.
They do such things as children do
In a world they've yet to know.
Someday you will understand
How your parents feel inside
Someday you'll have your babies
And raise them with great pride.
Of all the gifts that life may bring
A sweet baby is still the best.
Your mom and I shall love you
Till the day we're laid to rest.
Tom's 601 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom Zart www.internetvoicesradio.com/t_zart/
http: //www.veteranstodayforum.com/viewforum.php? f=38
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (GOD LOVES PEOPLE IN LOVE & LITTLE BABIES by Tom Zart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(1644 - 1694)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- EMOTIONS, Eugene Latumbo
- LOVE, Eugene Latumbo
- Duty of a good friend, gajanan mishra
- FRIENDSHIP, Eugene Latumbo
- Inspiration, Michael P. McParland
- Intesely Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Jakhm dilon kaa jab bhi dhoun,, Aftab Alam
- achchhe din aa gaye, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Into The Valley, Michael P. McParland
- It's All For You, Michael P. McParland