Albert Arsenio Sison
God of Apathy
God of Apathy
The God of Apathy has risen
numbed by the emotions felt.
All these years he had liven
unclear of why he's sent.
In the world of love and hate
mortals rise and mortals fell.
Apathetic God controls his fate
Succumbed in the fires of hell.
A stalker in the darkness of night.
Preying on the innocent reality.
Luring his victims with fright
deep into his realm of insanity.
Where cries of the exploited heard.
Tormented souls of the slain.
Ruler of all his tortured herd.
Playing God on the other plane.
Satisfied with sweet fantasy,
thus condemned the love of life.
Cloaking his emotions with apathy.
The God that rules over the night.
Albert Arsenio Sison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God of Apathy by Albert Arsenio Sison )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Sense Of Being Directionless, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Desert, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Living on, The Princess is
- Gesture Of Tiredness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- at home..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- This Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Total Encompassing Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Notes Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living With Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak