I only need to be quiet and still, as The Lord works out His will,
Within my life this very day, guiding me in all that I do and say,
The Lord’s will I may not know, as He shows me the way to go,
As God guides my daily life, through The Spirit of Jesus Christ.
This as God desires to reach, souls using my action or speech,
Knowing the words, that I impart, all come from within my heart,
As He works in hearts of those, people about us that He chose,
Those souls, open to God’s Truth, using our life as living proof.
As there’s lost sheep about us, who need to see a true witness.
Of real life changes, all made by, The Holy Spirit, from on high,
A witness, by God, to other men, that we have been born again,
Saved by God from a life of sin, to now live a New Life for Him.
When in God, we place our trust; a New Life for Christ is a must,
For those lost, to really see, the power that comes from Calvary,
The power that truly changes a life, when we follow Jesus Christ,
Not change created on our own, but, change from God’s Throne.
This as He sends His Spirit below, with change that all will know,
Sending His Spirit down to earth, granting a soul a spiritual birth,
To live for God each and every day, led by Christ along the way,
Living for God in this present life; directed by the Spirit of Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God’s Direction by Bob Gotti )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
Poem of the Day
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace