I only need to be quiet and still, as The Lord works out His will,
Within my life this very day, guiding me in all that I do and say,
The Lord’s will I may not know, as He shows me the way to go,
As God guides my daily life, through The Spirit of Jesus Christ.
This as God desires to reach, souls using my action or speech,
Knowing the words, that I impart, all come from within my heart,
As He works in hearts of those, people about us that He chose,
Those souls, open to God’s Truth, using our life as living proof.
As there’s lost sheep about us, who need to see a true witness.
Of real life changes, all made by, The Holy Spirit, from on high,
A witness, by God, to other men, that we have been born again,
Saved by God from a life of sin, to now live a New Life for Him.
When in God, we place our trust; a New Life for Christ is a must,
For those lost, to really see, the power that comes from Calvary,
The power that truly changes a life, when we follow Jesus Christ,
Not change created on our own, but, change from God’s Throne.
This as He sends His Spirit below, with change that all will know,
Sending His Spirit down to earth, granting a soul a spiritual birth,
To live for God each and every day, led by Christ along the way,
Living for God in this present life; directed by the Spirit of Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God’s Direction by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 December 1797 – 17 February 1856)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Noticing Children's Behaviors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Girl From My School, Matthias Pantaleon
- Reading and writing, gajanan mishra
- Rasheeda, Matthias Pantaleon
- Sit and think, hasmukh amathalal
- Katleho, Matthias Pantaleon
- Right place any time, hasmukh amathalal
- Kleine jongen, Madrason writer
- The Creche of Greccio, Luc Leclaire
- Christmas, Luc Leclaire