Beware of God’s eye warns my brother, my keeper
It follows you every where and there is no place
From where you can hide from it, he says.
Beware before you do or think any wrong to do
Beware of God’s eye which sees where you are
What you do, what you see, covet or envy
Is all known to God’s All Seeing Eye!
God’s eye, God’s eye? What does it see?
Does it see my unjust suffering?
Does it see my pain, sorrow or tears?
Does it know loneliness, depression?
Does it know of betrayal or desertion?
What does it do when it sees people,
Committing a sin thoughtlessly, carelessly
Just for passing time, just for fun?
What is God’s eye doing looking down,
From the sideline indifferently at me
Or is it watching my pain with pleasure
Waiting to see me fall down and die,
Does a tear ever form, seeing my plight?
Or does it not have any lachrymal gland!
Angelina Pandian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God’s Eye by Angelina Pandian )
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)