Dr John Celes
God Truly Cares For Me
The only one who truly cares for me
Is God Almighty only, and just Him;
The only Friend in earthly life truly
Is God, who fills this vessel to the brim.
Most loving Father God, I trust in You;
Your love for creatures is astonishing;
Help me show gratitude to You that's due;
My sinfulness appears embarrassing.
How can I ev'r return Your love to me?
Man's wisdom falls so very short of God's;
I must not miss with You eternity,
And awaiting awards, heaven's rewards.
O God of love and forgiveness immense!
I am ashamed of my ingratitude;
Give me the grace of heart, soul's common sense;
Do change my selfishness and attitude.
O Master of the universe sublime!
Reveal the ways to love You all the more;
Insufficient is my earthly life-time;
Show me the narrow gate and heaven's door!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 13-07-2014
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God Truly Cares For Me by Dr John Celes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras
- My One True Love, Leong Ming Loong
- For they were lovers each-other, Pijush Biswas