Dr John Celes
God Truly Cares For Me
The only one who truly cares for me
Is God Almighty only, and just Him;
The only Friend in earthly life truly
Is God, who fills this vessel to the brim.
Most loving Father God, I trust in You;
Your love for creatures is astonishing;
Help me show gratitude to You that's due;
My sinfulness appears embarrassing.
How can I ev'r return Your love to me?
Man's wisdom falls so very short of God's;
I must not miss with You eternity,
And awaiting awards, heaven's rewards.
O God of love and forgiveness immense!
I am ashamed of my ingratitude;
Give me the grace of heart, soul's common sense;
Do change my selfishness and attitude.
O Master of the universe sublime!
Reveal the ways to love You all the more;
Insufficient is my earthly life-time;
Show me the narrow gate and heaven's door!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 13-07-2014
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God Truly Cares For Me by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Angel On Earth, Johnny Goyena
- Fore-as the forename, manthra har
- My Wish For You, Johnny Goyena
- Very unique lovecraft!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Whiskey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Lit Summers Sky, Lilly Emery
- After the Equinox, Francie Lynch
- Who Calls It That You Are Corrupt And Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Holding My Unkempt Beards, Burquawalli A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Prime Truth - 85, Pranab K. Chakraborty