God Turns On the Light
When God first stepped upon planet Earth
He faced an enormous job-
A blanket of blackness shrouded the shape
Of this bleak and watery blog.
The dark was so deep you could feel it,
It was moonless, clammy, and cold,
No points of light lit the starless night,
As our story starts to unfold.
In the midst of this massive darkness
Stood our God-a Lover of Lights
The maker of sunshine and rainbows,
The Master of starry nights.
His voice echoed over the water,
And thundered across the night,
It was musical, massive, commanding,
As He ordered-”Let there be light! ”
Then Sonshine flooded the darkness,
Warmth washed over the deep,
Flashes of light blitzed the gloomy night
And erased it with one clean sweep.
God smiled and His smile warmed the water,
He was pleased with the work of this day
His light always melts the darkness-
In His presence, night cannot stay.
There was still much more to accomplish,
Far beyond this glorious sight,
But an evening and morning had come and gone
So God turned out the light.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God Turns On the Light by Cari Haus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In Lost Dreams, Lilly Emery
- The Present, Elizabeth Shield
- CRY OF THE GONE, Atimiwoaye Adetunji dayo
- I Wish, Poetry Love
- You Say, Leesaan Robertson
- Mr jekyll and Doctor hyde (advert for a .., lee fones
- Ghar sey chale toh the maikhane ko - Gha.., Talab ...
- Two Thumbs Up And No Head Bowed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Am A Temple, Elma Burke
- dirTY scratches on a napkin by, the de.., sEaN nOrTh