Why do I do the things I should not,
Why do things go faster when I say stop,
Why do I feel as if I am a mop,
The anger I feel is quite a lot.
How can someone so great,
Love someone in such a state?
Your beautiful, your amazing,
Singing your praise, makes my heart beat like crazy.
The thing about my past,
Is that love never lasts,
But your love never fails,
Your love comes through the nails,
That went through Jesus' hands,
To save the worlds clans,
This was always part of God's plans.
After the time that I spent,
Learning your word and about the son you sent,
I realized the pain,
That would make a man insane,
you went through it all,
Just to save the people who stand tall.
I now know what really is worth dying for,
Because your love is so great i fall to the floor,
This is where I praise,
The one who was raised,
From death to life,
After 3 days of strife.
Before I was dirty,
But you washed me clean,
You gave my life meaning
You covered me in a beam,
You showed me things other than death,
You covered me in love, my life you did bless,
And now I follow anything you say,
Because you make my life happier, day by day.
and now when I read the things that you did,
They are no longer boring they jump out of the page, like suddenly... I opened the lid.
And out came your love, your beauty and your grace,
Out came my life and I gave it to you,
And now your love shines down on my face,
I smile and realize that were so close, we are stuck like glue :)
Jordan Moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Godly Happiness by Jordan Moore )
- Free!, maria sudibyo
- Angst, maria sudibyo
- OTP (One True Pairing), maria sudibyo
- Lost, zheung kyuhkoh
- Fall down, lonely, zheung kyuhkoh
- Mission: Fission Or Fusion, Aftab Alam
- My broken heart Transcends, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There be a whole civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Under the Flag of Civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)