It was his mother,
and powdered Camomille,
at tea, with Frau Charlotte.
'The lad will soon commence,
I'm telling you in confidence,
constructing verse and rhyme,
I've seen the light inside his eyes,
a teacher always knows.'
Inside the cubbyhole he crouched,
a frog in a cigarbox being fed
fresh insects from the garden.
It was applied biology for frog and boy.
He overheard the idle talk
between his mother and the teacher.
And was thus scripted for a life,
that would produce a treasury
of immortal poetry for all.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goethe by Herbert Nehrlich )
- Distance, Mishka Allport
- Petals fall, Nassy Fesharaki
- Photo Thoughts, GRANT FRASER
- Make in India, gajanan mishra
- Respectable, Dean Meredith
- Artists, kassem oude
- दिनैनि गोसोखांथियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)