Going Alone to Spend a Night at the Hsien-Yu Temple
The crane from the shore standing at the top of the steps;
The moon on the pool seen at the open door;
Where these are, I made my lodging-place
And for two nights could not turn away.
I am glad I chanced on a place so lonely and still
With no companion to drag me early home.
Now that I have tasted the joy of being alone
I will never again come with a friend at my side.
Bai Juyi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Going Alone to Spend a Night at the Hsien-Yu Temple by Bai Juyi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mouse, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- Haunting Hour, Michael Mira
- Dancefloor, Justin Tang
- picture, laxami Cards
- Nightingale, Naveed Khalid
- Conspiracy, Susmit Panda
- jupiter, Mandolyn Davidson
- Woodcutter Vs Woodpecker, SALINI NAIR
- Ne detin e ngrire te meendimeve te mia, skender iljaz braka
- Indiferentizem ekstrem, skender iljaz braka