Once a friend proposed
`Gold is pleasure, gold is joy`.
I wished earnestly
Had I gold I were happy
And pleasures of life I could enjoy.
I met a chance
My lot seemed to appeared
Passing my way
I found a gold coin
I remembered my friend
I felt happy and gay.
Now I could be glad and jovial
My prompted pleasure was not sought real.....
Ahead the furlongs some two or three
Some bloody armed robbers followed at me
I screamed for help
But none was to help me
To save my treasure
With a sudden stumble I fell on the ground
They surrounded me all around
In their clutches of terrible grasp
I felt terrified, I felt fear bound.
They roared at me and demanded the coin
I being soul-afraid
Gave them the coin.
Getting the gold they set me rerlaxed.
I felt comforted I felt very glad
I felt really happy without the gold.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gold by Vivek Tiwari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- dirTY scratches on a napkin by, the de.., sEaN nOrTh
- Words, Monica Lanier
- I Believed In You, Lilly Emery
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmai Uppu
- overleg, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmai Uppu