Once a friend proposed
`Gold is pleasure, gold is joy`.
I wished earnestly
Had I gold I were happy
And pleasures of life I could enjoy.
I met a chance
My lot seemed to appeared
Passing my way
I found a gold coin
I remembered my friend
I felt happy and gay.
Now I could be glad and jovial
My prompted pleasure was not sought real.....
Ahead the furlongs some two or three
Some bloody armed robbers followed at me
I screamed for help
But none was to help me
To save my treasure
With a sudden stumble I fell on the ground
They surrounded me all around
In their clutches of terrible grasp
I felt terrified, I felt fear bound.
They roared at me and demanded the coin
I being soul-afraid
Gave them the coin.
Getting the gold they set me rerlaxed.
I felt comforted I felt very glad
I felt really happy without the gold.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gold by Vivek Tiwari )
- Death Be Not Proud: A parody (with apolo.., Arindom Borah
- Funerall Elegy VII, Francis Quarles
- YOU MAKE ME RICH!, Seema joglekar
- My Wife, dee villa
- Ema ايما, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money is not always honey, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Broken Promises, Ronald Chapman
- Death and final farewell, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Sion's Sonnets, Francis Quarles
- Here is the morning, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)