Once a friend proposed
`Gold is pleasure, gold is joy`.
I wished earnestly
Had I gold I were happy
And pleasures of life I could enjoy.
I met a chance
My lot seemed to appeared
Passing my way
I found a gold coin
I remembered my friend
I felt happy and gay.
Now I could be glad and jovial
My prompted pleasure was not sought real.....
Ahead the furlongs some two or three
Some bloody armed robbers followed at me
I screamed for help
But none was to help me
To save my treasure
With a sudden stumble I fell on the ground
They surrounded me all around
In their clutches of terrible grasp
I felt terrified, I felt fear bound.
They roared at me and demanded the coin
I being soul-afraid
Gave them the coin.
Getting the gold they set me rerlaxed.
I felt comforted I felt very glad
I felt really happy without the gold.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gold by Vivek Tiwari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- تقدموا, سميح القاسم
- Fearless, Omar Eldamsheety
- Unintentional Existence: Repository Citr.., Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Friendzone (Rap song), Clint Kingham
- The Marché Aux Puces And The Jardin Des .., William Daryl Hine
- The Lake, William Daryl Hine
- The Copper Beech, William Daryl Hine
- On This Rock, William Daryl Hine
- Last Words, William Daryl Hine
- Echo, William Daryl Hine