I do not want to be involved, at your grand table of feast`s,
for I will not drink blood... with such shallow of beautifully dressed Beasts.
I want no place where this meal be served,
for I find all the vanity involved, to be absurd.
Your wills for ways in which that you think,
to me, a pathetic own worst enemy philosophy, in your sea of vanity you deserve to sink.
Governed by rules, the majority may need be,
but in these laws dictated.please, ffs do not include me.
All treated as equal? ...simply for ease of the rule,
is not fair to one or everyone, the clever.... or at least the fool.
James Irwin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gone Fishing by James Irwin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Time, Victor Cruickshank
- More Of The Different, John deVries
- Speak about love, hasmukh amathalal
- The Petrichor, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- Its outcome, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning, Victor Cruickshank
- unforgettable circumstance!, Steve Jackson
- A song lyric on a soft sorrow!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Leaving You, John deVries
- Bednight, Victor Cruickshank