It’s a dream
Please wake me.
It’s not real
Please tell me.
It’s not true
Please confirm it.
How is it possible?
He was strong and agile.
Holding his heart’s knob
Silently death sneaked in
Still no one saw it come.
Death brushed his hair gray
And caught his teeth prey
The heritage calabash is broken
His lineage shalln’t be forgotten.
The Akoko leaf dry and fallen.
The metal gong is rotten
Beyond repair and amend.
His royal cheers shall be missed.
Where was the guard
When the calabash got smashed?
Where was the maid
When the leaf got fade.
He plainly made this known
The thick blood and water of his own
Should inherit him on the throne
After his heart denies him throb.
To yield to all and should not snub
Then have his blessings as onion bulb.
To his princes and princesses
The chiefs are yet to access
Just to dropp the dreadful news
That the King of J. Onad Palace
Death has made him to demise.
By: Onadele Dare
All Rights Reserved
Dare Onadele's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gone Indeed by Dare Onadele )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue, Jennifer Alejandra
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Thoughts of her, Nick Kler
- A flaw, gajanan mishra
- Gaining status, Angell Afinowi
- The Freedom I Seek, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Stages of life, gajanan mishra
- Remmbering Guernica, John F. McCullagh
- Value, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#9) My freedom exist in da.., Tushar Ray
- What is Courage, Lewis Antonuk
- Full Attention, RoseAnn V. Shawiak