Everybody loved Chick Lorimer in our town.
Everybody loved her.
So we all love a wild girl keeping a hold
On a dream she wants.
Nobody knows now where Chick Lorimer went.
Nobody knows why she packed her trunk .. a few old things
And is gone,
Gone with her little chin
Thrust ahead of her
And her soft hair blowing careless
From under a wide hat,
Dancer, singer, a laughing passionate lover.
Were there ten men or a hundred hunting Chick?
Were there five men or fifty with aching hearts?
Everybody loved Chick Lorimer.
Nobody knows where she’s gone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gone by Carl Sandburg )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Fluoride, Paul Cranley
- New Life Begins, Donal Mahoney
- Let us not quote, hasmukh amathalal
- It's Okay, Michael McParland
- I invite you, hasmukh amathalal
- Prelude, Paul Cranley
- Be I Worthy....., Jara Son of Ahaz
- I love but, hasmukh amathalal
- 'FOR ME—WHAT MADE ‘BRYANT MCGILL' TRULY .., Nikhil Parekh
- happy b'day to india's most fascinating .., Nikhil Parekh