Dr John Celes
For the love of Jesus Christ,
I must never sin again;
For His sufferings, death on cross,
I must lead a holy life.
For Christ’s precious blood shed then,
I must abhor every sin;
For the kindness shown by God,
Let me now renounce Satan.
For the God who loves me more
Than what truly I deserve,
Let me carry my own cross,
On the road to Calvary.
For the God who chose me to
Have a Christian birth on earth,
Let me sacrifice my life
Until my very last breath.
For the God who died for me,
And redeemed the worst sinner,
Lord, I offer myself as,
Christ makes me a clear winner.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 4-2-2010
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Friday! by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Frankenstein, Victor Cruickshank
- Potry, John deVries
- COPLA 84 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Left Behind, D.L. Aceves
- Mother Nature, Victor Cruickshank
- Mature Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Homophones, Victor Cruickshank
- Time, Victor Cruickshank
- More Of The Different, John deVries
- Speak about love, hasmukh amathalal