Like the poor, the comfortable
you will always have with you.
They hold good jobs, then
get better ones. Like coyotes
they grin and walk slowly
in circles. They hire,
even fire each other.
They wed their own kind
and selectively proliferate.
Theirs is a constant harvest.
Their voices are a sediment
thickening on everything.
Donal Mahoney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Mixers by Donal Mahoney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey