First thing in the morning, in slippers and robe,
I visit with God in my cozy abode.
'How can I thank you? ' I ask of him then,
For being my life, my Father, my friend? '
'Love one another, ' His answer is clear,
'As I have loved you, my children so dear.
I'll always help you, ' He says to me then,
'For I AM your life, your Father, your friend.'
With a sip of hot tea, I smile and feel loved,
Clear down to my feet. Amen
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Morning by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto
- Big bee, Dr PJ Raj Kamal