First thing in the morning, in slippers and robe,
I visit with God in my cozy abode.
'How can I thank you? ' I ask of him then,
For being my life, my Father, my friend? '
'Love one another, ' His answer is clear,
'As I have loved you, my children so dear.
I'll always help you, ' He says to me then,
'For I AM your life, your Father, your friend.'
With a sip of hot tea, I smile and feel loved,
Clear down to my feet. Amen
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Morning by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Stop needless, hasmukh amathalal
- LOVER'S CRY, Owais Mujtaba
- Parler le silence des autres, Eric Dubois
- A Beautiful Life, Casey Renee Kiser
- Keeping people happy, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- Tristesse, Eric Dubois
- Nous descendons des escaliers fragiles, Eric Dubois
- She loves me the way I am, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- clay pigeon shooters (30 sec ditty), lee fones
- Le silence nappe le jour, Eric Dubois