Goodbye To Everyone
The other day I felt like leaving,
packing up my tools and going,
saying goodbye to everyone,
then disappear into the yonder blue.
However, something stopped me
its hard to say what it was.
Something inside said do not do this,
you will only live with regret.
I took myself a side
weighed up the pros and cons
and realised I’d be better
just to stay just where I was.
I could trim down my output
and experiment a bit;
do a few things
I hadn’t done for a while.
I know some of my friends
will be happy that I’ll stay,
yet no doubt, there will be some.
Who will wish that I had gone away.
14 March 2008
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodbye To Everyone by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Copy Paper, Edgar Albert Guest
- Autumn Evenings, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Lost Purse, Edgar Albert Guest
- Mother's Party Dress, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Comedian, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Evening Prayer, Edgar Albert Guest
- Thoughts Of A Father, Edgar Albert Guest
- His Dog, Edgar Albert Guest
- Living Flowers, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Old Timer Pallas'Cat - Lincoln Park .., Ima Ryma