Goodbye to You My Greatest Love
Goodbye to you, The Greatest Love of my life,
it was only just yesterday that I had my hand on yours, and yours on mine.
we were cheerfully walking along our summery sandy beach,
upon the above, the shimmering sun was shining down onto our space and time.
You smiled at me and talked gratefully about the wonders of our life just went by,
I lovingly listened to your velvety charming voice,
you squeezed my hand and I touched your beautiful young face,
in the midst of all this I believed we were in The Heavenly Land of Mother Earth.
It was only yesterday I heard your blossoming thousands heart beats,
your youthful eyes were filled with bright essence and humorous ideas,
in the presence of your liveliness I felt my endless happiness,
but now you had left behind all your fancy dreams and noble hopes.
Goodbye to you The Greatest Love of my life,
it was until today that I know my sparkles of love had returned to the Place of Blissfulness,
where afflictions end and the purest love begins in stillness with millions of butterflies of light.
With your dearest lovely image, forever now, I have in me precious memories of grace, wisdom and clarity!
Written for my beloved Son - By Mom - ML - Friday 2/1/2013 10: 10 pm
MaiLoan Lee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Goodbye to You My Greatest Love by MaiLoan Lee )
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world هذا العالم المجهول, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- IF, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Grace, Scott J. Shepard
- My chidhood poem collection -2, soulful heart
- Pleasant Weather, Royal Flower
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)