Goodbye to You My Greatest Love
Goodbye to you, The Greatest Love of my life,
it was only just yesterday that I had my hand on yours, and yours on mine.
we were cheerfully walking along our summery sandy beach,
upon the above, the shimmering sun was shining down onto our space and time.
You smiled at me and talked gratefully about the wonders of our life just went by,
I lovingly listened to your velvety charming voice,
you squeezed my hand and I touched your beautiful young face,
in the midst of all this I believed we were in The Heavenly Land of Mother Earth.
It was only yesterday I heard your blossoming thousands heart beats,
your youthful eyes were filled with bright essence and humorous ideas,
in the presence of your liveliness I felt my endless happiness,
but now you had left behind all your fancy dreams and noble hopes.
Goodbye to you The Greatest Love of my life,
it was until today that I know my sparkles of love had returned to the Place of Blissfulness,
where afflictions end and the purest love begins in stillness with millions of butterflies of light.
With your dearest lovely image, forever now, I have in me precious memories of grace, wisdom and clarity!
Written for my beloved Son - By Mom - ML - Friday 2/1/2013 10: 10 pm
MaiLoan Lee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Goodbye to You My Greatest Love by MaiLoan Lee )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bad neighbors, hasmukh amathalal
- Raining Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- LIFE, FRIENDS & EYES OF LOVE, Tom Zart
- Ode to my stalker, or: La Luna Bella, Joseph Green
- Bluebird Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Space Case File #3,657, Joseph Green
- A Nod to Issa Kobayashi, Arguably my Fav.., Joseph Green
- No one shall, hasmukh amathalal
- Receiving A Post Card, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- my bike is somewhere floating down the m.., Mandolyn Davidson