Gosh It's Hot!
Great Britain is known for it's weather,
So a heatwave's a nice surprise,
The sun's shining grand,
Let's head for the sand,
To cherish the glorious sky.
With temperatures rising to thirty,
The barbecue's cooking away,
The sarnies are lovely,
With a nice glass of bubbly,
Lets relax and enjoy the day.
It's getting quite hot!
Find a nice shady spot,
It's even too warm for the flies!
One just flew past wearing speedos!
I couldn't believe my eyes!
Let's savour the sun for the moment,
Let's bask in its wonderful rays,
The rain will soon come,
Put an end to the fun!
Then we're back to those damp dreary days.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gosh It's Hot! by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Death Of Hope, Michael McParland
- Forever Taking You, Eleonor Santiago
- Death And Destruction, Michael McParland
- Days, Michael McParland
- Dark Night Walk Of Thoughts, Michael McParland
- A Romantic, Michael McParland
- This Rain, Sabyasachi Sharma
- 'A mess', Wolfie Scott
- Let's Think About Humanity, Prodip Kumar
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever