Over the tops of trees it can bring
A cooling relief from a hot summer's sting.
Or a vessel that sails like the falcon and crow
Or a transporter of life to which poppies will grow.
It can ease the weary with diaphonous clouds
And chill the marrow in vaporous shrouds.
It can accompany the rain with drops
As countless as stones in the sea.
But it can never return the feeling of want
The want that you've taken from me.
Jeff Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gossamir Winds by Jeff Siegel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My effing garden...., Manny Furious
- After a day of yard work...., Manny Furious
- A long drive home...., Manny Furious
- 5: 30am in June, Manny Furious
- Old Wounds, Manny Furious
- A process...., Manny Furious
- Echoes, C.J. Rose
- Viral McDonald's Meat, Richard Thripp
- Eight Hundred And Eighty Five Words, Breanna Choma
- Gay Sailors, Richard Thripp