RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Speeches galore about how a councilwoman wanted
the cafe here at the center as we all sit here
saying to ourselves, 'but we didn't want it'.
How little our city politicians care about what
we really want - as they honor people with
certificates that don't matter at all to us, for
getting the cafe put here for no one, because
we can't afford anything.
Speakers thanking people we don't even know, for
something we'd rather do without.
Typical government bull - not representing any
of us, not caring what we really want.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Government Unrepresentation by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All through eternity, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man
- observing shells on your shore, Mandolyn ...
- Fly, Holy Man
- Happy I go Unhappy I Go, Akhtar Jawad
- Magical Glass of Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Timeless Ticking, Justin Sisson
- With terror, hasmukh amathalal
- Stars, Justin Sisson
- A Woman Strong, Justin Sisson