Grabbers and Looters
Even though we all are stage actors
We still lack courage and need mentors
Politics has become an easy way of amassing wealth
Where as public has accepted the deterioration in moral health
You need no expertise mafia style of functioning
Any seat any where in India is available with auctioning
Such a well knit organization with yes men around
Indian democracy is suited to all and legitimately found
I have high hope for its success
Even though people are denied access
Judiciary has become long process
Fewer days for function and more days for recess
'Not guilty unless found and proved in court'
What can you term this procedure of any sort?
Can that be appreciated for lingering justice?
Where have gone all high ideals and promises?
Our forefathers dreamed of beautiful and strong nation
Based on equality, freedom and for neighborly good relation
What has it turn out to be in public eye and in general?
Will it witness downfall or go for quick funeral?
In general the political class has presented worst scene
Dignity, integrity and honesty is not apparent and rarely seen
Low standard of morality and unruly scenes are order of the day
Parliamentary norms are forgotten and temple status is thrown away
They have mastered the art of telling lies with no shame
Everything in their store to accuse others and pass the blame
Almost majority of the members are with dark history
They have the powerful system to their rescue not to feel sorry
Land grabbing and laundering of national wealth is common
Cut backs, commissions and shady deals are generally known
'But who will bell the cat' and bring them to books
They have power, money and muscles to prove powerful crooks
Life has become really hell for the want of effective control
No one can exactly say or assert who has grabbed or stole?
We are passing to next generation a scene of grabbers and looters
Gangsters, kidnappers, traitors and above all fear of sharp shooters
hasmukh amathalal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grabbers and Looters by hasmukh amathalal )
Did you read them?
- Teacher Yaser Nadeem Sari, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How Are You Hittin' It?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Lilly Emery