What is Grace?
A moon beam against still cool water.
A prayer of innocence and purity.
A love for God so pure.
A song with a passion.
A dance with joy.
A never ending smile.
A urge to help others.
A gentle hand.
When your sister lets you cry on her shoulder.
When your brother stands up for you.
When a child gives a flower to the Mary in the chapel.
When your friends pray for you.
When you sing with the wind.
When you try your hardest to please God...
God will be happy and inspire you.
And you will inspire others.
You may not reach perfection.
For that lies in the hands of Jesus.
But you may just reach Grace.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grace by Lily Olsen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Mark Strand
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Breaking Free, Michael P. McParland
- Brand New Start, Michael P. McParland
- Bipolar Type 1, Michael P. McParland
- Bipolar, Michael P. McParland
- An Interior Waltz, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Better, Michael P. McParland
- Believe It Or Not, Michael P. McParland
- Bedtime Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland
- PH: Echo: Bifurcated Brian, Brian Johnston
- Another Soul, Ronald Chapman