a grain of sand all heaven may hold,
and the stars spin round a flower;
alchemists exchange precious gold;
philosophers seek the stone of power;
seven wonders may the world awe,
and mysteries be knowledge of few;
the spectacle eyes on calvary saw
be secret of life's creation new;
on seven pillars may wisdom be founded,
and antique oracles fortune foretell,
but in you my trumpet's sounded;
that love i'll never trade nor sell.
simple love may hold all things;
in your love my simple heart sings!
12/ march 31,2012: Palm Sunday
1st Sonnet in my Sonnet series
doug bentley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
GRAIN is also available in most digital formats at major online retailers and ebookstores worldwide, including Amazon Kindle [ISBN: 978-0-9920098-1-6].
[ISBN: 978-0-9920098-3-0] is available at Apple iBooks, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo Books, WH Smith, Diesel eBook Store, Chapters/Indigo Canada, FNAC France, Livraria Cultura Brazil, Flipkart India, and Smashwords, and is free of charge to libraries worldwide through Baker & Taylor Axis 360.
For more information on GRAIN, or to contact Mr Bentley:
Comments about this poem (Grain by doug bentley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -69, Ronjoy Brahma
- Her Beautiful Lies, Swagat Bhattacharjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -68, Ronjoy Brahma