When I see today's kids,
They are fully grown and in their early twenties.
But to me they are kids, because I am an ancient piece.
Almost an epic written in Greek, which I prey they don't waste time,
Reading or browsing ever in their wild belief.
I see the, walking, talking, jiving, loving.
All with wires to their ears crawling.
Wires snaking into their pockets,
Through their chests or young swollen breasts.
Carrying bits, bytes, nights and days of information,
Perhaps titilation, but I am convinced there is a process of filtration.
They are a new kind, come from the ancient rotten roots that are mine.
When ever I see them, my heart swells with pride,
I see my India moving, into a new twilight.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grandfatherly Feeling by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Gentle Rain Falling, Kyle Schlicher
- A Buddha in the Heart of the Rock, Guillermo Veloso
- I Watched In Wonder, Kyle Schlicher
- Snowflake Falling, Kyle Schlicher
- Weep No More, My Willow Tree!, Maria Magdalena Biela
- ebola virus, ademola oluwabusayo
- The Mirror of your life... can you face .., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Honour-killing Is A Sin/ Just For Family.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love story, gajanan mishra
- My Prabhu! .....(Inspiration from KEE Th.., Geetha Jayakumar