Grandma Killed a Witch
This story was told us by the fireside.
In a moonless night, not even a star.
They said afore I was born was a tide.
The gods in those days must have raised the bar.
For three years, grandma in gaol did abide.
As they did for murder tried her so far.
They said she killed a witch by a roadside.
In the aft'noon when witches don't fly far.
It was that denting line we just can't hide.
In the glowing tribute we wrote for her.
That grandma killed a witch and no one cried.
As the law threw the prison gates ajar.
Much were her accusers, they might have lied.
But on and on to jail she took a ride.
Ray Anyasi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grandma Killed a Witch by Ray Anyasi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- HAPPINESS, LIFE & LOVE, Tom Zart
- Born Again, Tony Adah
- I care less, hasmukh amathalal
- Final Page, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hermit, Neela Nath