Grass, grass up to my knees!
Grow up to the sky
So that there won't seem to be
Any you or I
So that I will turn all green
And blossom to my bones,
So that my words won't come between
Your freshness and my own.
So that for the two of us
There will be one name:
Either for both of us - grass,
Or both both of us - tuwim.
Julian Tuwim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grass by Julian Tuwim )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Mother's Bond, Valentine Mbagu
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards