Edgar Albert Guest
Be grateful for the kindly friends that walk along your way;
Be grateful for the skies of blue that smile from day to day;
Be grateful for the health you own, the work you find to do,
For round about you there are men less fortunate than you.
Be grateful for the growing trees, the roses soon to bloom,
The tenderness of kindly hearts that shared your days of gloom;
Be grateful for the morning dew, the grass beneath your feet,
The soft caresses of your babes and all their laughter sweet.
Acquire the grateful habit, learn to see how blest you are,
How much there is to gladden life, how little life to mar!
And what if rain shall fall to-day and you with grief are sad;
Be grateful that you can recall the joys that you have had.
Edgar Albert Guest's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gratitude by Edgar Albert Guest )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Take it all it's entirely all for you baby, Mark Heathcote
- Confused Sea Gods, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- A Cookie Jar, Heather Burns
- Anger, Steve Gregory
- THERE MUST BE A CURFEW ON ALL CATS GLOBAL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Coincidence is hope for a non-believer, Jorge Rolon
- Love's Expression Escorting Me Into a Nu.., wanderer sailor
- Receding From Depleting Beliefs, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- AM 8/24, Jorge Rolon
- My EX Wants You, wanderer sailor