RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Graves Of Remembrance
Certificates of learning hung on walls, undeservedly portraying
a trust of unknown expanse.
Tired of all the explanations, excuses, renditions for power
and control, hating to have to fight just to attain a semblance
Time awaits nothing, dozens of thoughts flower and bloom,
ready to be placed on newly dug graves.
Figuring totals of sensations, balanced on edges, falling,
feeling numb within.
Closing out the world indefinitely, riding on blades of demise,
holding securely to idle ideas of death.
Invoking skeletons to preach of lust and desire, lost memories
lie in piles of bones, decaying like dirt piled on graves of remembrance.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Graves Of Remembrance by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Away she went, moez meftah
- I Need A Reason To Live Your Dream, Asma Riaz Khan
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel