Lindemberg Pereira da Silva
'A dream lies dead here.'
There will be written on my gravestone
In memory of a life...
that wasn't lived at all,
that was aprisioned
by all the old and past ideas and theories
which leads the nowdays society.
In memory of a dream...
that didn't come true.
In memory of a youth..
that was lost in endless nights.
In memory of a purpose...
that was achieved.
So, don't mind about not leaving
your tears on that place.
We already knew, sooner rather than later
that would be my last legacy.
Now, once you know it's all done and gone
I wrote this poem
In memory of my gravestone.
While my body lies
Due to all the hardships
I brought with me during my whole life,
I set my soul free,
free from this world.
Lindemberg Pereira da Silva's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gravestone by Lindemberg Pereira da Silva )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Destinations On The River Styx..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- My Eternal Companion, Tushar Ray
- As we so the world, Aftab Alam
- Pinching Solitude, lalitha iyer
- Forgotten, Donald R Wolff JR
- Art of Hug, maria sudibyo
- Don't Brake The Wings, Arno Le Roux
- They Said, Lonnie Hicks
- Taken As Directed., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak